Connecting socially in the On-line World is great, and important, especially for networking, building relationships and business, but connecting in person after that cyber handshake is what makes it even more exciting and awesome than you can imagine. These are extraordinary times. Inman.com calls their annual event "Inman Real Estate Connect" and it's pretty clear as to why.
"Visitors to Real Estate Connect enjoy 3 jam-packed days full of the industry's best networking opportunities and the very latest business intelligence that will help you rethink, re-frame and recharge your business." Inman.com
The AR community has been a big supporter of "Connects" all the way from San Francisco to New York, and we're doing it again this year. The good folks over at INMAN have extended an "Early RAIN" special discount to ALL ActiveRain members in hopes you'll join us there this year. Jon, Bob, Jeff and I will be there, and we're excited to see old friends and finally get to meet many of you.
Here's some of what's been planned for REC "09"
- Bloggers Connect - Familiar names and friendly faces will be speaking like Jeff Turner, Daniel Rothamel, Dustin Luther, Jim Cronin, Reggie and Nicole Nicolay and others. A one-day workshop that is worth the time and investment it takes to get there.
- ConnectTECH - Look at these topics and speakers they have which include Matt Lerner - CTO at Walkscore, Gregory Cosmo Haun - Chief Programmer at ForeclosureRadar, Zach Scott - COO at Point2 Technologies. Grab your notepad! :-O
- Internet Marketing Summit - The great debate with Sean Black - VP of Sales at Trulia, Alex Chang - CEO at Roost.com, and Tom Tognoli - Founder, COO, and VP of Intero Saratoga. Here's your monies worth.
- Top Experts and Speakers - Warning: the list is LONG! In addition, rumor has it that our own Jonathan Washburn and Jeff Corbett will also be speaking this year. Even if this is just a rumor, the AR Gatherings are not. (more on that coming soon...)
- Start up Alley - What's the future of real estate technology? Start-Up Alley, the newest addition debuting at Inman Connect.
- 2009 Innovator Awards - See who's The Most Innovative Brokerage or Franchise, Most Innovative New Technology, Most Innovative Web Service, Most Innovative Blog, Most Innovative Media Site? These awards started back in 1997. Previous winners included ActiveRain, Roost, Estately, AgentGenius, Frontdoor, vFlyer, Altos Research, Google Earth, Curbed.com and many more.
- Social Networking - This is happening before, during and after the event on sites like LinkedIn, FaceBook, Twitter etc.
- Sponsors and Exhibitors - Stroll the isles and see the latest and greatest products, tools, and services for your business from some of the greatest vendors and minds in the Real estate Industry. This is one of my favorites.
- The ActiveRain Gathering - To Be Announced!
Looking back at years past, I have never regretted attending one of these events. They just get bigger and better every year. If you have never attended an Inman Connect, it's difficult to put into words the value and benefit they bring to your business, and if you have attended in the past, then you know exactly what I mean. Come meet many of the ActiveRain members you may already know on-line, and also come away with a good understanding of what is needed to survive the future of the Real Estate Industry.
My trip down "Memory Lane" from previous connects:
We hope you'll join us August 5th -7th for another exciting "connect" and "gathering" and just FYI, ActiveRain Gatherings in the City By The Bay are the absolute best! So go get that member discount, and come join us for a time you'll never forget. We'll see you in San Francisco. :-)
Click Here for ActiveRain Partner Pricing
Deadline to register at this discounted price is June 19, 2009