ActiveRain Member WINS Extreme Landscape Makeover Contest
Please join me in congratulating ActiveRain member Martha Kolko of Keller Williams Realty in New Jersey. She was the finalist and winner selected for the SavATree.com Extreme Landscape Makeover Contest held back in July of 2009. The ActiveRain community played a large role in supporting and providing entries for this contest. On behalf of SavATree, and the entire team here at ActiveRain, we want to thank all of you who participated and entered your clients homes. The response from our members was awesome, thank you.
Over 50 properties were submitted for consideration. They selected Ms. Kolko's client's property because they believed it would benefit the most from their services. The trees and shrubs were significantly overgrown and the lawn was overtaken by weeds. Together with Tom O'Shea of Tom O'Shea Landscape Design and Paul Calicchio of Landscape Supply, they transformed the overgrown and unruly landscape into a beautiful buyer-attracting property.
Here's What They Did:
- Conducted an assessment of the trees, shrubs and lawn to diagnose and treat disease, insect infestation and any other health and safety concerns.
- Removed trees and shrubs that were not salvageable due to disease, overgrowth or improper care. New shrubs and colorful plants were added.
- Pruned to create an attractive, more balanced, landscape that complements both the look of the outside of the home as well as the view of the front yard from the living room window. This will allow more sunlight to enter the home.
- Expended the size of the flower garden and added a second to add color and beauty.
- Gave three applications of fertilizer over the course of three months to thicken the lawn, rid it of weeds and restore its vigor.
Here's A Before and After Slideshow of Martha's clients Home:
Both the homeowner and Martha where thrilled with the results. "You only get one chance to make a first impression! When selling a house, curb appeal is one of the most important factors ― no doubt [SavATree's] services improved the curb appeal of this home", explained Ms. Kolko. The home is set to go on the market soon. A very special thanks goes out to SavATree for letting our Real Estate Community and members be involved in their contest.
CONGRATULATIONS To Martha and to her Client, we wish them both all the best in the sale of this home!
SavATree.com, offers tree, shrub and lawn care services throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions.