Last week, I was helping a member over the phone and she said to me, "I don't see on the site where I can answer questions, join the directory, get widgets, or download any mobile apps?" She didn't realize that the tabs at the top of the page open up when you hover your mouse over or click on them? This made me wonder if there might be others out there who didn't know this as well?
So I put together this tour and navigation screen/menu for her and anyone else who might be interested.
THE NAVIGATION MENU & TAB"Z"
1. My Zillow - The link to your profile, listings, account settings, and personal favorites.
1a. Sign In, Sign out, or Sign up.
2. Homes - This tab provides a wide variety of useful tools and multiple search options.
3. Mortgage - The Marketplace with rates, calculators, and a help center along with tools for custom quotes.
4. Advice - Link is loaded with discussions, advice, questions, and answers to many topics in Real Estate.
5. The Directory - A great resource to thousands of Industry Professionals and local experts.
We've only covered 5 links so far and look at all the information, data, and resources you have already.
6. Local Info - Everything from neighborhood overviews, demographics, schools, to values and photos.
7. Mobile - Get information and download Zillow's mobile app on iPhone, iPad, Android, or Windows mobile.
8. The More link gives you access to nearly 30 widgets, Premier Agent info, the Zillow Blog and more.
(dueling digs is one of my favs, it's a great way to have a little fun and still promote property)
GETTING DEEPER INTO THE "Z"ONE
9. Search any address for any home value or listing in the Country and "GO!"
10. Access to Information and data on over 103,000,000 million homes in the US.
11. Access to nearly 4,000,000 properties for sale.
12. View over 1/4 million homes for rent.
13. Get data on over 2.4 million homes sold.
14. Compare mortgage rates on purchases and refinance loans in any City or State.
15. Featured homes for sale in your specific geo-location or area of interest.
16. Hyper-local inter-active home value widget for accessing statistics and data in your area.
17. Mortgage rate widget to compare rates and assist you with the borrowing process.
18. Featured article from the Zillow Blog run by Zillow employees - Celebrity Real estate news.
HOT LINKS & PLACES TO VI"Z"IT
19. Top cities and top states based on traffic and activity on Zillow.
20. What we do, who we are, the advisory board, meet the team and more.
21. Link to the Zillow Employee Blog. Once you visit, you'll be hooked.
22. Zillow's real estate research blog, most likely the best kept secret link on the site.
23. The Mortgage Blog is where you'll make cents of mortgages one post at a time.
24. Zillow is always looking for passionate people to join our pioneers and team.
25. A place journalists, analysts and real estate groupies can view the latest Zillow news.
26. This link leads you to the most popular questions and answers on the entire site.
27. Advertising solutions for anyone interested. *Reach over 30,000,000 eyeballs monthly.
(January 2011 - Zillow was host to 15.7 million visitors, *that's 2 eyeballs per visitor)
28. Zestimate Values and Accuracy chart - a simple breakdown by location for Zestimates.
30. Zillow respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
31. Yahoo! - Zillow Real Estate Network - One of the largest Real estate networks on the Web.
Exploring all that Zillow offers can be valuable and advantageous. It's good to know your way around the site so you can effectively navigate and answer those real estate questions, concerns, and discussions when they come up from clients or prospects in your neighborhoods and communities. Thanks and Enjoy!